Sunday, July 14, 2013

EDUC 6816 - Citizen Journalism - Storyboard/Outline

So, as I've gotten further into this project, I've been able to zoom into the subject of unemployment in Pocahontas County. I'm focusing this project in on the tourism economy and its effect on the seasonal workers of the county. I also wanted to provide opportunities for my students to come up with their own ideas about how to stabilize the unemployment rate so it wouldn't fluctuate so wildly from month to month as seasonal lay-offs happen.

Here is what I'm working on:

The outline to my audio story. 
I have decided to turn this into a photo slideshow with audio, but my intention is for the audio to stand alone so I will develop that first.

The website my student's will use to gather their material, reflect on the process, and publish their final pieces.

The Trackstar to guide my student's through the process.

My students will use Jing, Audacity (an audio editing program), and Windows Movie Maker to create their final reports.

No comments:

Post a Comment