Sunday, March 31, 2013

Game Design Storyboard

Famer's Market Math

I changed my game quite a bit, because I was feeling uninspired by my previous idea. Additionally, I think this game, given more development, could include a customer service aspect. I could also envision different identities and jobs to allow the user to choose from at the beginning. I could easily develop the game to take place at an auto parts store, for example, and not have to change much of the programming.


Storyboard






2 comments:

  1. Your storyboard looks great. I couldn't view the sample for some reason. I am doing a game about buying a car. I'm trying to keep it simple, but I keep finding myself adding stuff and making it more difficult on myself. My biggest issue right now is trying to put it together to make sense...and math :)

    Parts of the project I really liked are how you have everything lined out and different options.


    Parts of the project that I would fix, change or add are.....I don't know, yet. I can't wait to see your rough draft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very detailed! Are the changing math problems are considered to be leveling up?

    I like your attention to helping players take on the identity of a farmer and mathematician!

    I like that there is a visual cue for getting a problem wrong! Could you add a screen that provides support for learning the concept. Maybe a Farmer verbally and visually reminding the player how to figure out percent. If the player answers the question wrong they have to do another problem at the same level of difficulty.

    Nice work on this!

    ReplyDelete