Sunday, February 24, 2013

Week 6 - About Me Scratch Project

Phew - I'm tired. I have a serious problem with "tinkering" - I like to explore programs like Scratch a lot, but I need to learn to say enough is enough.  I'm pretty satisfied with it thought :) Here it is:

About Me Scratch Project

My inspiration was springtime.... I did it by tinkering a lot, and continually playing with what the program would let me do.  For the sun I couldn't figure out how to get it to randomly move around the screen, so I looked back at how the shark was done in those scratch cards we did last week and figured it out. I got stuck on figuring out how to make things happen automatically, so I downloaded another About Me and figured out how to use the "broadcast" blocks that way - super helpful! I guess I'm most proud of figuring out how the broadcast blocks worked.

7 comments:

  1. From your About Me I learned that you....like to ride your bike.
    What I like best about your project is....the photo of the mountains.
    One thing I learned about SCRATCH from your project is....it is possible to learn to use the Broadcast button.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From your About Me project I learned that you have two kids. What I liked best about your project is how you used the sounds of the kids laughing. One thing I learned about SCRATCH from your project is that I can use my own recorded sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Vanessa! Are those your kids voices! What are they laughing at? :) It makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. From your About Me project I learned that you have two silly kids.
    What I like best about your project is how you incorporated pictures of you and your kids. I also liked the way you moved the sun and bike around.
    One thing I learned about SCRATCH from your project was how to use broadcast blocks.
    Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. From your About Me project, I learned that you have two kids and a great sense of humor.
    What I like best about your project is how nice your scratch project moved from one topic to the next.
    On thing I learned about SCRATCH from your project was that it is capable of importing pictures.
    I really like your project! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. From your About Me project I learned that you...are "silly" and have two silly kids. that you live in the mountains (right next to my county;)). That you love to ride your bike (me too and I bet you ride The Greenbrier River Trail like me.
    What I like best about your project is...you used your kids voices and nature noises.
    One thing I learned about SCRATCh from your project was... you can have words scroll across the bottom of the page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. From your About Me project I learned that you... you have 2 kids and live in the mountains.
    What I like best about your project is... The pictures. Your backgrounds and pictures of you playing with your kids fit well with your sounds.
    One thing I learned about SCRATCH from your project was... that you can have multiple sounds playing at the same time.

    ReplyDelete