Sunday, February 10, 2013

Scratch Game - Week Four

An example of a game I liked

Learn more about this project


I had a tough time finding games I liked on this website - it was hard to navigate but I think this one was pretty neat, although I would have liked there to be "more" to it. I'm not sure i would create something exactly like this but it gave me a good idea as to what might be possible. I think maybe a game could be created around the hydrological cycle and maybe what happens when something goes awry. I've also been somewhat inspired by my findings/readings in the double entry journal this week, and would maybe like to design something related to social or historical awareness..... 

1 comment:

  1. Great idea for a game. We will be limitted by time. Scratch coding can be cumbersom. The purpose of the assignment is just to give you experience in how game design can promot complex problem solving for your students. The skills for game design improve spacial intellengence which are foundational for mathematical and scientific thinking. So in this course we are learning that not only can teachers improve student motivation and achievment by making their classroom more game like and letting students play social responsible games, they can also improve student learning by having students create games!

    ReplyDelete